There are 3 initial rounds which establish your contractual terms. These are Notice of Liability, Notice of Fault, and Notice of Default rounds. The subsequent Billing (x3) and Notice to Debtor (x3) rounds then pave the way for enforcement.
- The Notice of Liability (Round 1) is the “big gun”. It is 12 pages + Exhibit (1 pg) + Affidavit (3 pgs).
- The Notice of Fault (Round 2) and Notice of Default (Round 3) are typically 4 pages.
- The Billing rounds are 1 page each, with customized bills for each of your Respondents.
- The Notice to Debtor rounds are 2 pages each.
- Enforcement will be discussed at a later date. There are several options open to us as a movement, and to each individual Claimant.
More support — and simplification — is coming…
Currently, as we build the organization and resources, the Liability Action Documents and Guides are freely available, for self-serve, intended for individual and group processes.
Our “Phase 2”, currently being built out, is centered around these four areas:
- simplifying the Liability Action
- offering extensive support options — for individuals and for groups
- launching a community hub and self-serve tools
- expanding the Liability Action to cover other important matters, and extending it to regions outside the USA and Canada
What’s the Mailing Cost?
In addition to the costs outlined above, you are responsible for the mailing fees (via Certified Mail in USA, or Registered Mail in Canada).
USPS mailing cost example, per round:
$1.39 postage (first class, up to 4oz) + $3.30 cert. mail + $1.35 for electronic delivery signature = $6.04 x 4 recipients = $24.24 USD
Canada Post mailing cost example, per round:
$1.80 postage (up to 100grams) + $9.54 reg. mail* = $11.34 x 4 recipients = $45.36 CAD
* – For a more economical option suitable for shipments within the same province, you can send via Express Post with the signature option added.
Last Update: October 30, 2017